Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Growth" vs. "Fixed" Minds

In this podcast, a child's "fixed" mindset it discussed. It states that children go into school and feel that he/she is as smart as he can be or will ever get. I especially believe children feel this way more in this day and time than students did several years ago. With all the technology that is available to students, I can see where they would get the idea that they know all they need to know. I also believe that this is not true. As an educator, I need to do my best to make sure that a students mind is always growing and not staying in that fixed mindset. The podcast also talked about how doing things that help students learn will lead to them operating at their best potential.
I believe that this mind set of students is a growing epidemic and should be in the minds of all educators. As an educator, we must keep our students active in learning and make sure their mind is never stagnate or fixed. By keeping them busy with learning objectives and activities, we will keep them learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment